Sunday, June 26, 2005

Baby On Board

Big news. Lady Sterne and I are expecting a baby. That is, Lady Sterne is doing the expecting, I'm doing the sitting back with a satisfied grin contemplating my own virility. The baby is due on 24 February, which seems like a long time away, but it will no doubt fly past. It's all very exciting, and I can't help but tell everybody I speak to - and now I'm telling everybody who visits Sterne. Expect more on this as the story unfolds...

(Although I should point out that I'll still be doing all the crass, immature stuff I normally do. There will be no baby-influenced softening à la several well-known American sitcoms.)

7 comments:

MrLefty said...

Congratulations!

That's fantastic news!

*applauds you both*

Crazy old fool said...

Congrats man! Just be careful. I hear tell these 'babies' of which you speak, when cornered, can spit out a corrosive venom and, if further enraged, unleash a wave of psychic energy that leaves the unfortunate victim with the mental capacity of a 50:50 comment-writer. Also, I believe that babies are native to the Peruvian highlands: have you informed customs of its arrival date, as they may have useful advice regarding quarantine and suitable enclosures. Seriously, though, I'm ecstatic for y'all, hope the best for both of you!

LadyCracker said...

Marvellous news Sterne
Looking forward to some updates on the birthing progress/process.

Tim said...

Thanks all. It certainly is an exciting time. I'll try not to be to become too baby-centric a blogger, but I'd say it will occupy a few posts here and there.

adam said...

Congratulations, Mr. Tim. Hearty procreational kudos to you and yourn.

mscynic said...

Congrats. I'm relieved to know there will be no softening and look forward to the arrival of additional material for your site.

You will be using this child as a source of comedic capers, won't you?

Why else would you have a child?

Brownie said...

I wish you well and would direct you without prejudice to

http://meetthebreeders.blogspot.com/