Friday, August 12, 2005

A Lazy Shade of Blogging

I'm in essay hell at the moment, so in the absence of anything funny or intelligent to say, here is a brief round-up of stuff that is happening. Apologies in advance for the dullness which follows.
  • One of my favourite bloggers, Rex, is hanging up his boots or gloves or whatever it is bloggers hang up when they quit. Rex's intelligence and humour will be missed. I wish him well.
  • Inspired by Beth, I have decided to attempt to read all seventeen titles on this year's Booker Prize long list, and blog about them as I go. Given that the short list will be announced on September 8, and the prize itself on October 10, the chances of me getting through all seventeen are slim, to say the least. When you also consider the sheer quantity of reading I have to do for university over the next few months, the odds look even worse. Still, I'm going to give it a shot.
  • The tutoring job I posted about last week appears to have fallen through. I never heard back from the agency. It probably would have been more trouble than it was worth, but still it would have been polite to let me know what was happening.
  • Lady Sterne and I are still having a baby. We (which is to say, she) is at about twelve weeks now, and so far everything is going smoothly. Lady Sterne has a little bump happening, so at least we know something is in there.
  • The next six months promise to be pretty quiet. All I have to do is finish my degree, find another job, move house, buy a car, learn to drive, get my license, prepare for the baby's arrival - oh, and keep Sterne ticking over. Looks like I'll have to put off learning ancient Greek until next year...

3 comments:

Beth said...

Sounds like you have plenty of time to do some serious reading...good luck. And don't get distracted by minor details like pregnancy or work.

I'm looking forward to reading your reviews.

LadyCracker said...

I think that they hang up keyboards?

What shame - Rex in the City is a good blog.

Brownie said...

Hi Sterne, 1. in your links, you might wanna change Strewth to mgk.blogspot as our Weezil has evolved; 2. my Homespun Philosophy for today is:
The way to be A Good Father, is to be a Good Husband.