Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The People Next Door II: The Bloodening

Last night, the people next door had a party. They:

- chose to have their little shin-dig the night before many people - including Lady Sterne and myself - had to return to work after the Christmas weekend.

- could just as easily have picked another night on one of the many long weekends we have at this time of year when their neighbours didn't have to get up so early the next morning.

- started their stereo at about 7:30 p.m., pumping out the most obnoxious, repetitive, THUMP-THUMP-THUMP-THUMP techno until about 2:30 a.m.

- clearly have no musical taste.

- made lots of general party noise, which was fine up to about 11 p.m. After that, I wanted to go outside and kneecap them all with my cricket bat.

- then made lots more noise when the party ended, shouting goodbyes and slamming car doors. All this on a particularly hot night when we had no choice but to sleep with the window open - a window that overlooks our front yard, and therefore is really the only barrier between ourselves and our noisy neighbours.

- caused me to become agitated and say things like "I'm going to call the cops!" (I didn't) and "Bloody selfish cunts!" (they are).

- are hopefully tucked up in bed sleeping off hangovers while I prepare for work. They are not the only ones with a stereo, and I have some music I would like to introduce them to.

3 comments:

Le Driver said...

If you're going in the SYL direction, I also recommend Arch Enemy's "Let the Killing Begin". Might send them the desired message.

Le Driver said...

Oh, and the new blog is at http://ledriver.blogspot.com :).

Tim said...

Excellent! I knew you'd be back sometime.