Saturday, April 15, 2006

A Good Egg

I have always been a lover, not a fighter. Ultimately this is probably a good thing, but it does occasionally make me feel that I'm a wimp. Still, I hadn't realised the depths of my girly-manliness until last night when I verbally apologised to a Humpty Dumpty easter egg before I smashed his face in.

He looked so happy, all done up in his nice shiny foil wrapper, that big idiotic grin on his face. For a moment I felt as though smashing him up and eating him would be like smashing up and eating a baby chicken, or a market-research derived compilation of cuteness-signifiers from the latest Disney/Pixar film.

But then I remembered that behind that big grin was chocolate, lots of chocolate, and "beanies", those weird-tasting yet strangely addictive Smarties rip-offs.

So, having offered my sincere apologies, I smashed Humpty's fucking face in and ate him. Guess I am a fighter (of chocolate, at any rate) after all.

4 comments:

Guy said...

Damn straight. It's wabbit season!

ThirdCat said...

Those beanies have never done it for me.

Nick said...

Humpty is one thing, but have you ever taken on Elegant Rabbit and his bloody thick chocolate feet?

Binnsy said...

What is it with beanies? They're like a super-addictive, non-lethal, sweet-tasting cocaine substitute...