- The song "Skeet Surfin'", which includes lyrics to rival anything farted out by Tim Rice:
I've got a gun rack in my Chevy- The German-for-travellers cassette that teaches handy phrases like, "I'd like a schnauzer with my wienerschnitzel."
For when the surf and the flak get heavy
And we'll have fun with our guns
'Till our lifeguard takes our ammo away
- A character named Hillary: "It means 'she whose bosoms defy gravity'". The word "bosoms" elicited the only genuine laugh from the festival's otherwise baffled audience.
- The Swedish bookstore and underwater bar fight scenes. Neither scene is actually funny, but there's a lot of technical skill involved. Because that's what you watch a zany spoof for.
- Numerous gags of the "I know a little German - he's sitting over there" variety.
- A villain who looks disturbingly like David Gower. (Although not in the linked pictures. But you try Googling "guy from top secret looks like david gower" and see what you get.)
- The hasty fast-forwarding of two scenes involving, respectively, a marital aid called "the Anal Intruder" and implied bestiality (comedic).
After the movie a free, compulsory seminar was held in which the festival director led himself in a free-ranging discussion of the film's virtues, dwelling in particular on the scene in which a number of flying men urinate on a giant statue of a pigeon. Finally, the floor was opened for audience questions. "Can I go to bed now, please?" was answered in the affirmative, and festival director and audience agreed to reconvene in a couple of weeks for an encore screening of The Three Amigos.