Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Wonder Stuff

In the spirit of our famous Booker reading project - discontinued this year owing to an utterly shite longlist - Beth and I have decided to start an online reading group. It's going to be pretty low stress, as evidenced by the fact that I had forgotten all about it until Beth reminded me last week. The idea is to take a book, read it, then post about it. How original is that? Bloggers and non-bloggers alike are welcome to join in, whether by posting your own reviews or commenting on ours. The selection for December is Michael Chabon's Wonder Boys. I'm hoping that the library copy I've reserved doesn't look like this:

Creepy.

5 comments:

Peter said...

Sweet. Count me in. I enjoyed "The Amazing Adventures Of Kavalier And Clay" a lot, so I'm looking forward to this one.

Laura said...

I'm in too, if there's a copy in my library, and it doesn't look like that.

Matthew Tiffany said...

Ah, I already read it. Count me in for the next one.

I'll plug it at my site. Looking forward to the comments on it.

Beth said...

Geez - sort of like Michael Douglas doing Austin Powers, without the irony. Painful. Kinky.

I have heard the movie is good though, so I'll watch it after I've read the novel.

Anonymous said...

This book is so much funnier than I had anticipated, after Kavalier & Clay (of which I am very much a fan). Michael Douglas in the film is terrific, but the book - aah, it's better. It's chuckle-aloud. Gotta love that.
YGB