Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Blog of the Year

We are pleased to report that Sterne was last night named Blog of the Year.

The award was presented by the Global Sterne Group, of which Sterne is the founding, and indeed only, member. GSG chairperson Tim Sterne commended his blog for its "unceasing commitment to cutting-edge satire, cultural and political insight, and uproarious comedic writing."

The GSG Best Blog Writer award went to Tim and Jon Sterne - only the second time in the award's two year history that is has been shared by two nominees.

Jon Sterne told reporters: "This year's field was full of talent, and the voting really could have gone either way. Obviously I voted for myself, but I never thought Tim would vote for Tim. Again. I guess it's just one of those freakish results that you get in a democracy."

Tim Sterne added: "I think the real winner today is us."

6 comments:

LadyCracker said...

Heartiest congratulations to you both. Sounds like a tense time was had at the polls.

Jon said...

I for one am pretty proud of us. It's about time we deservedly commended ourselves (again) for the sterling work we do.

Meredith said...

God, I'm happy for you, but I have to admit I'm pretty jealous... oh well, maybe next year.

ocky milkman said...

So, did you get drunk and start throwing punches?

(It was the migraine pills, honest)

nick cetacean said...

Oh, god I came so close to taking that out.

Oh hang on, no that was an award by the Global Stern Group for best blog about frowning...

leftvegdrunk said...

Congratulations! I was rooting for you!