Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Author as Adjective #1

wodehouse
adj.

The feeling that one has already read the book one is considering buying, then buying it anyway just in case one hasn't read it, only to discover five copies of the book in question on one's shelves. For example: "I felt really wodehouse in the bookshop today because I thought I'd already read Summer Moonshine, which is the one about the romantic imbroglios and the aunts, but then I wondered if I was getting confused with Summer Lightning, which is the one about the romantic imbroglios and the aunts, so I bought them both just in case."

Originally posted as comment at Laura's. I'm really low on blogging inspiration right now.

2 comments:

Ben.H said...

Hear, hear! Not enough comments get the love you know they deserve.

genevieve said...

I just posted on a book I bought twice. Wish I could remember what I got with the refund though.