Saturday, August 04, 2007

Old Prats (Say So Much Crap)

Elton John yesterday:
Sir Elton said the internet had "stopped people from going out and being with each other, creating stuff", and it compelled them to "sit at home and make their own records, which is sometimes OK but it doesn't bode well for long-term artistic vision".
Elton John in 2005:
Elton: Your album [Mylo's Destroy Rock & Roll] and the Killers' album are my favourite albums of the year... Where did you record it?

Mylo: I made it in my bedroom on a Mac G4. I didn't have any money to make it. The computer cost me £1200. I got an educational discount because I got my brother to buy it. I didn't have any old analog synthesisers, I had illegal downloads of software. A few bits of additional equipment would probably bring the total cost up to £1500, then there were the records I bought to sample from. That was probably another £100. They cost about 50 pence each ($A1.20).

Elton: Amazing. I am the biggest technophobe of all time. I don't have a mobile phone or an iPod or anything. But if I was young, these are the records I would have made instead of being a singer-songwriter.

2 comments:

Chai said...

Pretty good that you remembered the quote. Silly Elton.

genevieve said...

And the older the prat, the crappier the prattle is.
Liked the Saturday thread too, Tim, I'm sure I'm not the only person who clicked through to see if you were serious.