Thursday, July 03, 2008

You used to be all right - what happened?

I sometimes feel bad about how Sterne has changed from being a mostly creative enterprise with the occasional personal rumination thrown in when times were tough/good to being more or less an intermittent personal status update with the odd slice of hilarity/oddness posted (or reposted) for old time's sake. In the dead of night I do sometimes pine for the blog's golden days (roughly: October 2005) but then I remind myself that life changes and if I was still in the same headspace as I was three fairly eventful years ago then I'd be either an idiot or a fraud. I also remind myself that it's my blog: I built it up and I can run it into the ground by posting naught but inconsequential crapola if I want to.

Anyway, Pav's going to post every day of July and I've decided to join her. That's right, a whole month of inconsequential crapola! Strap yourselves in/on...

5 comments:

Tim said...

I bet I don't actually follow through with this...

genevieve said...

Well, between you and Pav, that should give me plenty to be diverted by. Carry on :-)

Matt said...

I'm starting to see this as site as a mirror of my own. Just got word over the phone that I'm not getting that lucrative corporate job - more unemployment for me.

I think the difference is that you're writing about it, and I'm hiding behind halfhearted posts only marginally related to the "purpose" of my site.

Oh yeah, and I'm with Typepad, so I'm paying for my directionless flailing.

Pavlov's Cat said...

Hey, cool, a posting buddy. I'll come over here and give you a nudge when you fall behind, if you'll do the same for me.

Tim said...

It's a deal!