Tuesday, July 15, 2008

If they asked me, I could write a book

I had an idea for a novel this morning. I was catching the bus when I felt "the first little throb" (to quote VN). By the time I reached my destination (library) I had a protagonist, various sidekicks/friends/nemeses, and at least half the storyline scrawled on the whiteboard in my brain. The return journey filled in the gaps and when I sat down in front of the computer to jot it all down in virtual ink I managed to improve on what I'd already come up with. (It has been my experience that ideas generated while walking/commuting/showering usually turn to mush when assembled on the page.) The way it all came together, almost without conscious thought, was thrilling. Now all I have to do is write the thing. Maybe I can do that without conscious thought too.

Of course, I'm not going to reveal here what my idea is. That would ruin everything. You'll just have to wait a couple of years and buy the book. Or wait for the movie adaptation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have, by accident, just stepped into this blogsite and I am trying to wipe the smelly stuff off my shoe.
I could not leave without telling you that you write like an insufferable, pompous, self-opinionated prig.

Tim said...

And you write like every other anonymous troll. *yawn*