Thursday, July 31, 2008

If You Were A Horse

If you were a horse, my what a horse you would be! Hocks and fetlocks to take one's breath away, and cannon that just wouldn't quit. Your gaskin would be among the great wonders of the world, although I confess I am more of a pastern man myself. Out in the fields, I would stroke your flexor tendons, tickle your stifle, run my fingers lightly along your beautiful withers, slowly, one perfect vertebrae at a time. You would whinny and take some feed, and I would laugh merrily, my lips at your throat latch, my hand upon your poll. What a pair we would make, you and I, if you were a horse.

____

Almost forgot to do a repost this month. This was originally presented to an uncaring world on June 15, 2005.

2 comments:

Kirsty said...

I watched an episode of Bones tonight in which the guy who died liked to pretend to be a horse with all the paraphernalia and hay that went with it, including a jockey (female) with a whip. Now I read this. It's all too much for me.

Ann O'Dyne said...

ater dogs, horses are the most 'social' of animals.
I love the smell of hot pony in the morning.